Dyeing is a process which colorsor give a nice outlook of grey textile materials. Knitted fabrics become colorful with the reaction between dye solution and knitted fabrics. Dyeing is implemented in a dye bath containing dye solution. Dyeing process varies due to different raw materials of knitted fabrics.
In ancient times, dyeing was carried out in an open bath. The process is improved with the development of science. Nowadays, dyeing is more efficient than ancient times. Different dye machines are used to dye materials.
Fiber dyeing machine: As is known to all, fiber dyeing machine is used to dye fiber. Both natural materials and synthetic materials can be dyed in fiber dyeing machine. Fiber dyeing is more effective than yarn or fabric dyeing.
Yarn dyeing machine: Yarn is dyed for designed textile materials. Three types of yarn dyeing machine are used for dyeing:
1.Hank dyeing machine: This machine use to dye yarn in hank form. Sewing thread is dyed by this process.
2.Package dyeing machine: This dyeing machine use to dye the yarn in package form.
3.Beam dyeing machine: Here yarn is dyed in beam form.
Fabric dyeing machine: Fabric dyeing plays an important role in dyeing industry. Fabric dyeing machine is used to dye fabric. Fabrics may be woven, non-woven or knitted.
1. Jigger dyeing machine: This machine use to dye woven fabric.
2. Winch dyeing machine: In this machine both woven and knitted fabrics are dyed. Specially knit dyeing is done by this machine.
3. Jet dyeing machine: Knitted and woven fabric can be dyed by this machine.
Garments dyeing machine: Garments dyeing machine is used to give special effect on apparels.
The characteristics of dyeing machines decide performance of dyeing process. If dyeing machines have poor properties, dyeing process may be damaged. So, the following points should be focused when select dyeing machines.
1. Dyeing machines should provide sufficient movement of the liquor so that dye can penetrate uniformly into every parts of the textile materials.
2. The machine must consist of materials which will endure prolong boiling with acid or alkali.
3. Some facilities of adding concentrated dye solution so that it can become well distributed before contacting with textile materials.
4. The heating temperature should be maintained throughout the liquor.
5. All of parts and electric motors should be protected from corrosion of steam and acidic atmospheric condition.
6. The machine should have possible outlet and water inlet valves.
7. The machines should have some automatic temperature control device.
8. The machine should have the facility of auto programming system.